Friday, June 5, 2009

The Worth of Souls is Great




In a little Leprosy colony in the more rural part of Chennai, India we drove out with the medical clinic to clean out the wounds of the leprosy affected. It was a long drive. I got to clean one man's feet. There were four other volunteers and a doctor there who could have done it. this man can't even feel that his foot is infected and is falling off. He feels none of that pain. And by the time his foot falls off or his hand falls off he'll be so old he'll most likely die soon after. Why am I sacrificing so much to wash the feet of a man who I've never met and who I will never see again? Because the worth of every soul is great in the sight of God.

3 comments:

  1. Missy--I am sooooooo proud of you! I am so glad that you are taking time in your life to have experiences like these! Holy Cow! These memories will last a life-time and beyond. You and your sisters are God's angels on earth. I'm so honored to know you. Lots of luv. Julie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! His poor foot.. and I'm sure that is the least of his worries. What an amazing experience! Take lots of pictures and come home to share all of it with us! I'll live it out through you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, WOW! What an amazing, incredible experience! I just finished looking at Carly's blog as well. I'm so proud of you girls. You will truly be blessed beyond measure as you bless others. We'll be thinking of you and you'll be in our prayers.
    Hugs!
    ~Sister Sweeney

    ReplyDelete