Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day


So last week was super super slow. And by the time saturday came around I was just itching to do something CRAZY! so a bunch of the kids from the Berklee crew traveled up to the Black Forest (Schwarze Wald) to enjoy a nice hike. It was so beautiful and peaceful inside the forest. It was just what the doctor ordered. Here are some pictures




This is John. he ran all the way out there so you could see exactly how tall the trees are.






This is the road that Snow White took when she was running away from the hunter. you can tell because it's really dark and scary when the path goes under the trees.















This is my friend Brittany. I met her my first week at church. She's from Utah and was here for four weeks studying German. She's so great! She told me everything I need to know about Freiburg, including the bus and train systems, good grocery stores, and she helped me sign up for a Young Single Adult event that i'm going to in a couple of weeks in Augsburg. AND she's staying in the same housing as I am! how crazy is that? She was such a blessing to me especially in church when she would translate all the meetings for me. She served a mission in Hamburg so she knows German really well. Anyway, she rocks!! But she left just this last thursday to go meet her friend in München. Don't really know how i'm gonna understand anything in church. The gift of tongues would be good right about now.


In contrast, this week was a lot faster and pretty fun. I mean I didn't do a lot but I found a good book; The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's SO great and I haven't been able to put it down. Laura if your reading this you need to stop reading it start reading this book because it's set in the 1940s in London. So that helped my week go by quickly and it also helped that I am getting more invloved in my school studies. I have six classes adding up to 14 hours a week. Somethin that might be a little trying this semester is that I have the same teacher for 3 of those classes. Florian is an interesting middle aged man who likes to talk slowly, explain slowly, and chuckle heartily at his own jokes. I have to make sure not to give any pity laughs because he'll keep adding on to the not funny joke and I'll have to keep fake laughing. But he's a nice guy and he is a good teacher. we'll see how it goes.



Today is yet another beautiful saturday and I was excited to go to the market and pick up some flowers and just to walk around. When I started on my way I came to the park near my place to find it totally packed with a flea market! It was awesome. There were so many people and so much stuff to look at. There's always something going on during the weekends here. And it always surprises me because even if they advertise for it I wouldn't be able to read the advertisement.


Here are some pics from the city.


I love this. But, honestly, I think I would
rather be forever 21 rather than 18.












They eat cacti here instead of ice cream. JK. But there are whole booths on market day with little pots of cacti. Pretty funny to me.
Maybe I should start breeding saguaro cacti
and set up my own booth.












This clown is pretty freaky but really good at drawing
a crowd with his loud buzzing noise he does.












Chateau McDonalds. I havn't eaten there yet. But i'm sure it's fabulous just like all the food in Germany.











And these are my flowers I bought:) I'm very happy about my purchase. Even though I made a fool out of myself trying to tell the flower girl what I wanted. We chuckled at eachother.







1 comment:

  1. you're in GERMANY?! that's so fun girl! wow. it's beautiful there. i'm sure you're having a great experience!

    ReplyDelete