Saturday, September 12, 2009

Yeah Germany is Amazing!

WOW. What a wicked awesome weekend I've had.
My plane ride to Zurich was great. I sat next to this hullarious German kid. I thought Germans weren't supposed to have much of a sense of humor.... well philip had tons. Whenever we would hit some turbulence he would say " oh your bags are too heavy. I think they just threw them off the plane" haha he was crackin me up with his awesome english but very unattractive accent. So I arrived at my dorm on thursday. My place is great! it's a single with my own bathroom and a great view. and these funny curtains the have trees on them. Then the group got together and we went out and had an awesome dinner (steak) with the school directors and some kids from the school. We had a great time getting to know eachother, even if it was the beer and wine that made everyone happy:) it was still fun. The only thing about Germany, and maybe this is all of Europe. Dinner took FOREVER! and when I mean forever I mean we sat down at 7 40 PM and got home at 11 00 PM. But hey it was free food so i'm not complaining. Friday I got up and went running around the town to try and get lost a little, just to get a feel for the place. I also needed to find a blow dryer, which I did after going into two salons and trying to ask my question to some beautiful german women. After my run I took a tour of the school. It seems very nice and just perfect for the 60 students who attend The Jazz and Rock Schulen. yeah 60 total. Friday night JODI came into town. I LOVE JODI. she makes my life so much sunnier. So she came to another 3 hour dinner with me and my group. After which we went to a bar to check out some dancing but it was not the great because it was too early.
Saturday has been the best day so far.
In the center of town there's this big cathedral called the Munster. It's huge and awesome and is in the middle of big courtyard which is perfect for the market place on saturdays!! so we went to the market this morning and it was pretty much everything you could want in a german market place. tons of people and food and flowers and meat and bread. It was so picturesque and me and jodi Had a lot of fun. My pictures aren't working so good right now so i'll put some more up tomorrow. BUt ya it was great. We got lots of food to stock up my place and we put my place together a little bit better. Right now I got to go but tomorrow we're going to church and I am so stoked.

Till tomorrow









2 comments:

  1. Gutten-tag!:) Tara, I'm so excited for you to be in Germany! I love Germany. I loved the cute little towns with colorful houses, all with flowers in the windows, each with a church in the center with it's tall steeple poking up through the village buildings. I loved the breakfasts of granola, fruit and cheese. I LOVED the big, fluffy, comfy down comforters and pillows. We each brought one of those home. I loved the windy roads, the big rolling hills, and like you said the long, delightful dinners with friends and family. There is so much wonderful history there as well. You will have so much fun. I'll keep checking your Blog! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara! I'm so jealous, germany is my favorite place ever! It's so super beautiful there!! I hope you have the best time ever! My favorite thing is the bread. MMMM! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete