It all started on Friday. I was hanging out in the common area with lots of people when religion was brought up... again. I get many opportunities to teach because drinking and smoking is a way of life and I participate in neither. So I talked about how our bodies are temples that house our souls and we continued discussing stuff for a few hours. In which I explained the book of mormon and the First Vision and I bore my testimony at least twice. It's usually so SCARY to talk about the church with people because I'm afraid I'll say something wrong or just not have an answer. But I had an answer for all of there questions. It was CRAZY! Not only do I think they understand mormons better but I understand mormons better too. haha. We had a good time discussing stuff until out Italian friend came over with his SMELLY weed, started passing it around and started talking crap about there being no God and no such thing as religion... meh but I felt good about our talk any way.
Then Saturday morning we all got up early to go on another hike in the Schwarzwald (black forest). It was so flippin hard! it was 5 kilometers of uphill climbing! There were three girls there including me and one of them was in front the whole time but me and Johanna were huffin and puffin the whole way. It was a PAINFUL hike. At the top there is a tower that you climb so you can see over the trees. It was really COLD and windy and there were alot of stairs but you can see so much when you're up there. The forest is huge and flipping BEAUTIFUL.
This is Anjelica. She's such a cutie. She is from Sweden and is here studying German.
When we finally got home I took a nap, a HOT shower, and then headed down to the church for the much anticipated first session of general conference!!! woo!!! Mostly all the ward watches the session translated in German but me and the elders and sisters watched it in English. It's weird watching conference live but at 6 in the afternoon, since we're 7 hours ahead of Salt Lake. I was in such need of being UPLIFTED by the spirit and conference really did it for me this weekend.
But the fun doesn't end there. I hurried home to finish some homework and then I had decided to go out with my friends. They were planning on getting drinks and then going clubing or something. I was hesitant to go because of the spirit I had from conference, but I decided to go anyway because there would be girls there and I need to make more girl friends. Luckily my friend Johanna, who also sings at the school i'm studying at, wasn't drinking either because she had to drive. So i wasn't totally alone. There were four girls there and they were all super sweet and we had a good time talking and stuff. Even though it was waaaaaay different then what I normally do on conference weekends, or any weekend, I still had a good time and never had to compromise my standards and could just be myself. So life is great out here in Germany. Can't wait to talk to my parents about there trip to Salt Lake for general conference:)

your awesome!! and I love you!
ReplyDelete