So three weeks ago I got to go to London and visit one of my best friends Laura Bayles for the weekend. Oh I was soooooooo happy to see her. When she met me at the train station we hugged and I just broke down in tears. I guessed I missed my friends more than I realized.
Laura is living the life, studying with BYU’s London study abroad program. There’s like 50 girls all living in the cutest house right next to Kensington Gardens and Notting Hill. So they live in this house and they also have their classes there as well and the professors live there too so it’s like one big happy family. Oh it felt so good to be around so many cute latter day saint girls again. It’s weird meeting people who you know you could totally be best friends with if you lived with them or something… you know? Well that’s how these girls were, so fun and friendly and normal.
So Laura and I just hit all the sights: Big Ben, Parliament buildings, Peter Pan statue, Covent Gardens, Borough Road, The British Museum, Kensington Palace, and Buckingham Palace (even though we couldn’t go inside). And everything was all sparkly and decorated for Christmas it was magical.
And we got to see TWO musicals.
Friday night we went and saw Jersey Boys.
It was really cute and the music was great… but it had a lot of swearing which was not very tasteful. But we really liked it. All the singers and the band were amazing!! They really know how to put on a good show.
And Saturday night, in honor of Laura’s birthday, we grabbed some yummy dinner with some of the other girls and THEN we went and saw The Phantom of the Opera!!
If you are into musicals, let me tell you that this show is absolutely fantastic! After Kristine got done singing Think of Me, Laura and I were both in tears. Haha it’s so powerful. I can’t believe that I got to see this show in London! And the theater was awesome. It’s was the original Phantom theater, meaning the one the show was opened in. It’s called her Majesty’s theater I think. It was small and cozy and had great sound. All of our singers were wonderful. And I was really surprised because usually there’s one person who’s voice doesn’t fit, or who’s annoying, but every cast member was so talented and perfect. Happy Birthday to Laura!!
Sunday night we had a yummy birthday dinner at Laura’s house and we stayed up all night chatting with Rachel Kiene on Skype and waiting for 5:00 to role around so that I could catch my bus to the train to the airport to my train home.
Thanks again Laura for having me!!! I’ll never forget my first trip to London with my best friend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment