While I was home for spring break Zach and I got to drive up to Utah for a few days. Yes, it's a ten hour drive, and yes we were only there for about a day and a half, but Carly had to be on a mission when I decided to get married of course, and I really needed to see her! So that was the main reason for the trip. To see Car Car. But I also had the chance to surprise all my girls up there at BYU and to have a fun road trip with my Zach! So it was a win win situation. And we had so much fun.
So the first thing I thought of once Zach and I started talking seriously about getting married was Carly. She still has a year left on her mission and I just can't wait that long. Well, maybe I could, but I really don't want to. So while nothing will ever make her not being here okay, we both have learned to except it.
We've come to terms with the fact that that's just part of serving a mission. The sacrifice of missing out on the lives of family and friends for a little while. And we figured that even if I wasn't getting married, I would have ended up on a mission and missed out on Carly's wedding! Because we all know she's going to be taken 3 months after she gets back.
So we had so much fun surprising her and listening to her talk about the miracle's she's witnessed and the sisters she's growing with and her favorite places on the square. And since we caught her on her P-day we even got to get some lunch with her. I couldn't have asked for a better visit. She is doing so so good. If you want to get a good idea of what Carly's like as a missionary, just picture her on temple square as a missionary and then add million pounds of pure awesomeness! and you've got Sister Porter. She's my inspiration. I love her. And I am so grateful to be able to call her my sister. The whole time we were on the square everyone kept calling her sister for some reason... Didn't they know that I was her REAL sister? They can only wish to be so lucky.
I love you Carly! Can't wait to see you again! And I'm so proud of you. And thank you Zach for putting up with my craziness as I ran around Temple Square trying to find her.
He tried to hold my hand for the first bit but he was walking too slow so I ditched him and zoomed around the visitors center till we found someone to help us in the search. Love that boy.
Hope you are all having a wonderful week! I'll try and blog again soon. I think an update on wedding plans is due.
Awwww so fun! You two are ADORABLE! I can't wait to see you two married!
ReplyDeletei wanna hear wedding plans. yes i do!!
ReplyDeletei'm so excited for you to get married girly!